Getting older does not mean getting sicker. Emily Dickinson once said, "we turn not older with years, but newer everyday". During the month of September our nation celebrates Healthy Aging. During this time, we embrace being a part of the 50+ geographic and look for ways to improve our physical, mental, social, and financial well being.
Healthy Aging Month is often looked at like New Years Eve - a time to reinvent ones self. Healthy Aging Magazine has compiled 10 Tips for Reinventing Yourself during the month of September. To see these tips click here.
During this month take time to:
- chat with your financial advisor
- sit down with a dietician and review your eating habits
- schedule an eye exam
- look over your insurance policies
- book a trip
- schedule your yearly physical
- get out and enjoy the Commonwealth by exploring the biking and walking paths.
- spend time camping or RVing to one of Virginia's many state parks
As always, remember to enjoy each day!